Thursday, March 21, 2013

ULTA Haul! ❤

With the last of my Christmas giftcard and cashing in my reward points from ULTA, I placed an order from ULTA's website, and I'm super pumped it finally came in the mail!

I've been using a lot of the same eye shadows for a while now (palette-wise, anyway, since I don't have the money to invest in individual shadows), so I was so distraught when I fell in love with the LORAC Pro Palette, only to find that it was sold out pretty much everywhere.
I got lucky when I finally refreshed my ULTA shopping cart and it was in stock, along with using my points for a massive discount, along with the remnants of my Christmas gift card, meaning I only had to pay for shipping.

I also picked up a Maybelline Color Show nail polish in Go Go Green, and a Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush.

Pictures and more after the jump!




They also included a few free samples, mostly hair products that are somewhat irrelevant considering my current short length, but I suppose I'll hang onto them or find someone who can actually use them. There was also a bareminerals moisturizer included that I used the next day, and while it worked, it was nothing to write home about. Very lightweight, though.


Here's my little girl Bisou checking out my new purchases - definitely rattie approved!

Here's a few close-ups of the Lorac Pro - there'll definitely be better pictures coming soon, these were just a few preliminary shots before I started playing around with it. 



Sorry for the washed-out picture! The packaging was not agreeing with my camera, for whatever reason.

I can already safely say that the mini Behind the Scenes primer included with this palette is not replacing my Two Face Shadow Insurance any time soon. I experienced creasing within 6 hours of wear, which has never happened with any other primer I've used. Really disappointed by that. Lorac shadows, Urban Decay - all creased within six hours. :(

On a better note, the shade of the Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Crush is gorgeous. I'll have better pictures and swatches of it on my lips up soon in its own post, but here it is swatched on my hand.


So pretty!


As I said, I'll have pictures and separate reviews of all three of these products up soon, hopefully! I got all of these products over three weeks ago, so there's so excuse. 

I hope everyone is having a good week! It's my spring break at the moment so I figured I would use the downtime to be productive and update. :) I'm typing this next to a warm fireplace and my dog sleeping on me, so I don't think I could ask for a better (or warmer) position at the moment.

Here's a bonus picture of my dog, Mama, for your viewing and (aww-ing) pleasure.


Also, I created a Bloglovin' account, if you want to follow me there!



No comments:

Post a Comment