Sunday, February 24, 2013

Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal Eyeliner in Black ❤ Review and Photos!

Good black eyeliner is my kryptonite. Ever since middle school, it's basically been the one staple in my makeup collection that I feel I have to be snooty about. For the longest time, my "makeup" was just black eyeliner, and so I went through a lot of trial and error in finding good ones. My eyeliner of choice was the Zero 24-7 pencil liner from Urban Decay for many years, and when Perversion (from the same line) came out, claiming to be the "blackest black," I knew I had to get it. Buuuut, like most good things, people snatched it up before I got the chance to buy it. Eventually I got my hands on a mini version, but it went by far too quickly.
So, when I heard about the Rimmel Scandaleyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal pencil liner being a dupe for Perversion at a quarter of the price, I began the hunt anew. Getting this eyeliner was like trying to find a needle in a haystack, if the hay was empty displays and red "sold out" text on websites. So when I spotted a Rimmel display at my local Wegman's (of ALL places!) I got super excited, snatched the last black one, and told my boyfriend that he couldn't possibly understand why I was so excited (he didn't understand, but you know.)



Click the "read more" link for the rest of the pictures, swatches, and review!


This eyeliner is all I have ever wanted from a product in terms of staying power. It isn't necessarily a perfect dupe for Urban Decay's Perversion (which is still probably my favorite pencil liner of all time), but it's pretty damn close. Like any good kohl eyeliner, this is super smooth and buttery when applied. This liner is smudge-able at first, but then sets after a minute or two and becomes a force to be reckoned with.



From left to right: Rimmel Scandaleyes, Jessie's Girl Kohl Eyeliner (which I do NOT reccomend at all), and Mally's eyeliner in Oynx.


One of the things I love the most about this liner is that it's black, as opposed to grey-black, like the two other pencil liners I compared it to. It was the most easily blendable out of the three liners that I swatched as well.
Seriously - look at this comparison between eyeliners (the Scandaleyes being the leftmost two swatches) when I tried to take the swatches I had done off of my hand.


That baby is NOT going anywhere. I still have a bit of black on my hand from it, and I took the picture earlier today.

When I tried it out for the first time on my waterline, I set it with a black powder over top, my usual way of getting the longest possible wear out of pencil eyeliner. I also put a bit of primer underneath my eyes to try and prevent it from smudging. Here's my entire look for the day, with the eyeliner freshly applied.



Now, I did this liner before going to work at 8:30, so around 7:30 AM. I was tired all morning from staying up to work on a paper proposal, so I was yawning and rubbing my eyes, which were also a little teary, for whatever reason. Imagine my surprise when I got off work at 1PM and went into the bathroom to freshen up, only to see that my eyes looked as fresh as they had this morning, and that the eyeliner hadn't moved from my waterline at all - no sign of panda eyes in the least. I was stunned.


Seriously. It was startling.

When I got home around 5PM, I immediately took a two-hour nap. When I woke up and looked in the mirror, my only thought was "Man, I HAVE to write a blog post about this ASAP."

Here are some pictures of my eyes, post-nap, and twelve hours after applying it originally.




But wait: there's even more. I inadvertently tested the waterproof-ness of this eyeliner when I watched this adorable video and because I'm a total pansy when it comes to anything animal-related, I cried.
AND THE LINER STAYED.
(post-cry picture for proof.)



Seriously people: this eyeliner must be magic. That's my only rationale for it.

I cannot recommend it enough. Granted, these pictures were from my first time wearing it, but I can't remember the last time I've been so impressed with a product - especially a pencil liner. I've worn it since then, and found that it really does need to be set with black powder to get the longest possible wear time and to keep it from giving you panda eyes. I bought mine from Wegman's for $4.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment