Sunday, April 7, 2013

Maybelline Color Show Nail Polish in Go Go Green! ❤ Review, Swatches

A while ago, I found myself looking through my polish collection and wanting a certain shade of green. I wanted something chartreuse, something Shrek-colored, or at least a color close to it. If you read my last post, you'll know that I found that polish in Maybelline's Color Show Nail Polish in Go Go Green. 

I've never tried a Maybelline polish, or anything from their Color Show range, so I was excited to try this polish on for size.


More pictures and full review after the jump!


First off, I can say that this color is exactly what I was looking for. I've worn  it multiple times since I got it, and gotten several compliments on it. It's definitely what I had in mind for my ideal chartreuse color, though I may keep an eye out for lighter/brighter versions of this color as well, since I'm a fan of all things green.

(Excuse the coloring here, this was mainly to show the size of the brush.)

This polish went on fairly smoothly, but can get streaky if you don't have enough product on the brush. I tend to apply my polish pretty thick anyway, so I didn't run into this problem very often. Depending on how much you apply per coat of  polish, this color is opaque in 1-2 coats, though I always do at least 2 to be safe.



My one gripe with the polish is that it is somewhat prone to chipping. I applied this polish yesterday, and already have large chunks chipped off of the tips of two of my fingers. I wasn't doing anything intensive with my hands, either, so it's a bit annoying. I've worn this polish longer with less chipping, but chipping can pretty much be expected within a few days of applying the polish.

As always, I wore this polish with OPI's Natural Nail Base Coat and two coats of Seche Vite. 



I would definitely recommend this polish for the color, but not necessarily for the formulation. I may check out more of Maybelline's Color Show polishes to see if there is any difference with chipping between colors.

Maybelline Color Show Nail Polishes retail for $2.99-3.99.

No comments:

Post a Comment