Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Blast from the Past: MAC Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass ❤ Swatches and Review

I can count the amount of times that I've been inside a Cosmetic Company outlet store on one hand. I can count the amount of times I've been inside a Cosmetic Company outlet with money to actually buy something on one finger.

The one time that I speak of was the time I was so excited that I had no idea what to buy. It was about two or three years ago that I went, and I was enamored by the idea of MAC products. I saw they had a few Viva Glam Gaga products (If I had known what I know now, I would have gone for a lipstick as opposed to a lipglass, but oh well), and I decided on the lipglass. Why, I couldn't exactly tell you. I didn't wear lipgloss then, and I still don't wear it much now. But I chalk it up to my immaturity as a makeup affectionado and my excitement about being able to buy MAC.





Viva Glam Gaga Lipglass is a supremely blue-based baby pink. It's an undeniably gorgeous color, and can be layered for varying degrees of color. I have to warn you though - too much of this will turn into a goopy mess. And no one wants that.


Really though, this is a gorgeous color. For the longest time after I bought it, I thought that I couldn't wear this lipglass on its own. I've always thought that light lip colors didn't suit me because of how fair my skin is (NW10/15), but I found this in my makeup bag the other day and decided to try it out.

Surprise, surprise - I didn't hate it!


The more time that I spend looking up and applying makeup, the more I understand that lipgloss has its time and place. Glossy lips really can add to a look, as much as they can take away from it. This gloss has a subtlety to it that I think makes it very versatile  assuming that the extreme blue-based color works on you in the first place. 
This lipglass wasn't too sticky or uncomfortable on the lips, and felt like a creamier chapstick. It is a little sticky, but that's to be expected from a gloss. It can be worn on its own or layered over another lipstick color for a different result.


I know that this was a limited edition, older product, but I figured that this review wouldn't hurt to put up anyway. I'm not worried about this gloss being expired or too old to use since I only ever used it once when I first got it and haven't opened it up since then.


Here's a full-face shot while wearing the lipglass. 

Overall, I really enjoy this lipgloss. I've yet to try any other of MAC's lipglosses or lipglasses, but if I wear this enough and get over my gripes with glosses, I may just look into some more.

This product was limited edition from MAC, as part of the Viva Glam Gaga makeup set.

No comments:

Post a Comment