Saturday, April 13, 2013

Wet N' Wild's Lipstick in Cherry Bomb ❤ Review and Swatches!

Yet again, I've another Wet N' Wild Lipstick for you guys! It's hard to turn down that $1.99 price point, especially when I've enjoyed the formulation of these lipsticks so much so far (though it was a shame that Just Peachy wasn't my color.)

This time, I picked up Cherry Bomb, a color I had bought with Just Peachy, but ended up giving to one of my friends soon afterwards since she had really wanted the color.



Cherry Bomb is a dark purple/berry burgundy color that leans a little brown, but can be layered for different color intensities. The formula is very much like the other Wet N' Wild lipsticks, but I actually found it to be a bit more drying and uncomfortable for long-term wear.

Full review and swatches after the jump!




This swatch was taken in normal lighting, without flash.


This swatch was taken in outdoor lighting, without flash.


Because of how drying this lipstick feels, it's very unforgiving with chapped or dry lips, which I tend to have. The on-lip swatches are a little unfortunate for that reason, but I figured that you would have to see exactly how Cherry Bomb wears. It also didn't apply very smoothly, leading to the sort of "chunky" look it has when on the lips.



This is Cherry Bomb at full strength. I had a lot of issues with the inside rim of my lip fading quickly, so this is a picture taken directly after re-applying to that area. 


Most of my swatch pictures looked more like these, though. As you can see, the inner portion of my lips have a lot of fading going on.


This is Cherry Bomb blotted quite a few times to make it more like a stain. At this point, my lips were already so dried out from this lipstick that they looked pretty awful. Even here, you can see fading starting at the inner rim again. I do think the color that you get from using Cherry Bomb as a stain is quite pretty, though!

Overall, I have very mixed feelings regarding Cherry Bomb. I honestly think that my lips may just not be ideal for wearing this shade - it is far drier than the other Wet N' Wild lipsticks that I own. The opaque color coverage that this gives isn't entirely flattering on me, or a color that I would reach for very often. As a stain, this lipstick is far more accessible for people who may not be comfortable wearing such a dark, vampy shade. I think I may keep this to use for staining purposes, but I'll definitely have to hydrate my lips thoroughly beforehand, as well as apply a balm beforehand.

Cherry Bomb retails for $1.99.


No comments:

Post a Comment