Thursday, January 10, 2013

CVS Winter Beauty Clearance! (aka YESSS DISCOUNTS!)

I love sales. I love clearance sales especially, because it's even more discounts and savings and I mean, who wouldn't love spending less money?! The fact that I'm also a broke college kid helps with my appreciation of sales as well.
I was a bit tardy to the party with hearing about the CVS winter beauty clearance sale, which happens twice a year when they need to boot out old products to make room for new ones. Of course, this means saying goodbye to some products that become discontinued, but it also means those products are majorly discounted!

Now, this clearance sale started in the beginning of December(ish), and it's about a third of the way through January, so a lot of the products in my CVS weren't obviously marked as being discounted or on clearance, but having the handy guide from Nouveau Cheap pulled up on my iPhone was my ticket to finding the deals (an honorable mention also goes to the in-store price checker, which I abused thoroughly.) Some of the products that Nouveau Cheap had listed as being on clearance weren't discounted anymore, but I only had my own lateness to blame for that one. All of the Milani products that were listed were still on clearance, as well as the majority of the ColorStay line from Revlon, and the Nicole by OPI Kardashian nail polishes were all still marked down. I could take the time to note what was still marked down and what wasn't, but frankly that would take a great deal of time, and it may differ from CVS to CVS.

On to the goods!





I actually went twice in one day to CVS - the first time, I went with my best friend just to browse a bit, and ended up getting the two Milani Lip Flash pencils, the Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer in Light, and the Milani 3D polish in Hi-Tech. I went back later that night with my Mom (who wanted to go after I told her about it), and got the Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Sculpting Blush in 230/Lush Berry, the Nicole by OPI nail polish in Khloe Had A Little Lam-Lam, and the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle in Light Ivory.

I already had one of the Milani 3D polishes (in Cyberspace), so I was excited to pick up a new one. This is my first Nicole by OPI polish, though, so I'll have to take it for a test drive and see how it does.


Ugh, the Milani 3D polishes are gorgeous. I almost want to go back and get them all! Hi-Tech was discounted to $1.37, and Khloe Had a Little Lam-Lam was half off.

I'm a super impatient person when it comes to new purchases, so of course I had to try everything out as soon as I got home. Here's Hi-Tech layered over the polish I posted about yesterday, my Love & Beauty Avocado polish. It looks absolutely stunning together!




I really can't recommend these 3D polishes enough. You can layer them over other polishes or wear them on their own - they're really versatile.

The Milani Lip Flash pencils were something I had only heard about in passing, so I wasn't entirely sure what to expect from them. When I swatched them on my hand after leaving the store, I saw that they were very buttery and smudged easily, making them seem more like a gloss than anything else. They're labeled as "Full Coverage Shimmer Gloss Pencils," so I was a bit disappointed. I generally dislike any kind of lip gloss, mostly because of their tendency to smear everywhere and their sticky texture. Once I got home, I tried on the pinker of the two I picked up, #06 Flashy. 

Also, I'm wearing the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation with the Revlon ColorStay blemish concealer here as well as the Covergirl and Olay cream blush in Lush Berry, but I want to use them a bit more before I review them.

HOW PRETTY IS THAT?

It was exactly the opposite of what I have some  to expect from products advertised as "glosses" - thoroughly pigmented, non-sticky, and easy to apply! I'm normally not one for sparkle, either, but I loved the glitter in these. They're obnoxious as hell, and I love them for it. I only wish that I had had these on New Years.



I'll have a proper review of the two of these pencils up soon, but if the other Lip Flash (#04 Photo Flash) is anything like this one, it'll be nothing but love for these guys.

I'll be posting more in-depth reviews about most of these products later on, including the L'Oreal Magic Smooth Souffle Foundation, Revlon ColorStay Concealer, and the Covergirl & Olay Sculpting Blush.

Marked Down Prices
Milani Lip Flash Pencils - $1.95 Originally $7.79
Milani 3D Holographic Nail Polish - $1.37 Originally $5.49
Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer - $2.62 Originally $10.49
I'll add the other items as soon as I find my second receipt!

Did you pick up anything from the CVS sale, or have you tried out any of the products that I bought?


No comments:

Post a Comment