Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Wet n' Wild's Wine Room and Cherry Picking Lipsticks ❤ Swatches, Comparisons and Review!

So a few days ago, I picked up two wet n' wild lipsticks for the first time since I was in elementary school. From what I remembered, they were quite bad quality bad then, but since I've gotten into makeup, I've heard so many positive reviews that I knew I had to try them out. 

The lipsticks I picked up were 906D Wine Room and 965 Cherry Picking. In terms of packaging, these lipsticks were a bit of a pain to open - you really have to twist and pull to get the clear plastic top off, and you're almost guaranteed to accidentally scrape some of the lipstick onto the top when you finally do wrench it off. The lipsticks also seem to be a bit loose inside of their casing - I can hear mine bumping against the sides of its case when I shake or move it, though it doesn't seem too loose that it'll fall out, thankfully.

But, let's move on to the most important part - the color and quality.




906D Wine Room is a muted mauve-y color, a nice pink with a touch of brown in it.



These three pictures were taken with flash, and here you can see what I mean about the lipstick scraping the tube - it does get a bit messy. But the color is quite lovely. This is swatched onto plain white printer paper.



Both of these were taken without flash.

The best color in my collection I had to compare it to was Bobbi Brown's Lip Color in Soft Rose, no. 23, which is much more brown than Wine Room, as seen in the pictures below.


Wine Room is on the left, Soft Rose on the right. This is without flash.



Wine Room is on the top in both of these pictures, Soft Rose on the bottom  - these are both with flash.




Here is Wine Room on me with natural lighting, and the final picture being with flash.

Cherry Picking was a color I originally saw Cora from VintageorTacky on youtube wearing, and fell in love with! It's a vibrant dark pink/red that sets off pale skin brilliantly.



These were both taken with flash, with the swatch on white computer paper.




These were both taken without flash.

The two colors in my collection that I had to compare with Cherry Picking were Covergirl's Tempt and Spellbound from their Lip Perfection line.




In these pictures, the first taken without flash, CG's Tempt is on the left, CG's Spellbound is on the top right, and Cherry Picking is on the bottom right. Cherry Picking is definitely more red than Spellbound, and brighter than Tempt.



Here's me wearing Cherry Picking, with flash in both pictures.

Both of these lipsticks are advertised as matte lipsticks, but they wear more like creme lipsticks with only slight tugging when you apply them. They're very comfortable without being too drying or too slick on the lips. Cherry Picking has become one of my favorite bright lipsticks to reach for, even coming off slightly radioactive in pictures on occasion! I love the way it looks against my pale skin.
Wine Room is a more neutral color than I ever usually go for with lipstick, but I'm glad to have it in my collection. It has enough color to keep me from looking dead, but is appropriate to wear to work or for more formal events.

At a $1.99 each, these are definitely worth their price and more! I can't reccomend them enough, and asides from their slightly cheap packaging (which really, isn't a huge deal - the product is what you want), these lipsticks are a bargain. These are the first Wet n' Wild lipsticks I've ever tried, and I'm definitely going to pick up a few more to try.


No comments:

Post a Comment