Sunday, January 13, 2013

Practice Makes Perfect, Right?

One of my favorite things about makeup is seeing how different looks work with different eye shapes and skin tones. Some of my friends enjoy doing their own makeup, but many of them stick to a routine that they know works, or just don't wear makeup at all. The latter of these two (when they do wear makeup) usually ask me to do it for them. It's always hard when I ask what they want and they respond with "Whatever you think looks best," but the creative freedom is also exciting. Pretty much all of my friends have different eye shapes, so eye makeup is always a bit of a challenge that I'm only too happy to accept. 

ANYWAYS, what I'm trying to talk about is that I did my best friend's makeup the other day, and so I thought I'd share!
(I know, I should work on my transitioning.)



I've known Sharon for about nine or ten years now, and she is gorgeous, so she didn't need much help from makeup to begin with. She has hooded, double-lidded eyes, which can make doing her eyes somewhat tricky. I think by bringing the shadows up to just above her crease so that they peek through when she opens her eyes is the best way to go about it, and I decided to go for a more neutral look, since we weren't exactly going out or anything.


She's also got a pretty small lid space to work with, but it just means that shadows in the crease will stand out far more as a result. :) I also decided to go with a more plum-based shade on her, since she normally sticks with pinks, but since the eyes were so neutral I figured that a bright lip would balance it out.


Overall, I'm really happy with how this turned out on her! I think I may try and do more of my friends' makeup, focusing on different eye types and shapes to test my own instinct and skill. I'll have to think of a name for when I do posts with friends, since I'm blanking at the moment. 

I have done Sharon's makeup before, for her 21st birthday, which was way more of a smoky/dramatic eye look.

 


And just for shits and giggles, here's one of us together, back when my hair was red (which actually made doing my makeup a bit more difficult, some days.)

If you're one of my friends reading this, feel free to volunteer your face for me to use!
If you're interested in which products I used, leave a comment below and I'll be sure to get back to you.




No comments:

Post a Comment