Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Nails of the Week!

So, like pretty much all other girls, I love Forever 21. One of my favorite things about the store is surprisingly not their clothes, but their cheap nail polish. The brand they carry, which is normally labeled as "love & beauty," sometimes with an added on "By Forever 21," is actually a quite long-lasting, well-formulated polish brand (for the most part - I've had a few misses amongst their polishes, but far more polishes that I've adored, which keeps me coming back for them.)

Anyway, the last time I was in Forever 21, I heard a girl telling her friend that she thought this polish was an ugly color. After she put the bottle down, I (being the nosy person that I am) checked out the bottle and fell in love with the color. It's labeled on the back of the bottle as "Avocado," but that's not the right name or color of this polish at all.




The color actually reminds me more of those retro green stoves from the 50's or 60's. It's less of a mint-green color and more of a muted light green-blue with a hint of chalkiness. Whatever it is, it's gorgeous.


This polish has a cream finish, and applied like a dream. This is two coats applied over Nailtek Foundation II and topped off with a coat of Seche Vite.



Love & Beauty polishes at Forever 21 normally retail at $2.80, which is an awesome price to pay for their color range and formulation!

How do you feel about Forever 21 polishes? Have you ever tried them? What are some of your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment