Sunday, February 17, 2013

NOTW ❤ China Glaze's Japanese Koi (Neon)

IT'S GONE. FINALLY, I HAVE BEEN FREED.

For weeks, my nails of the week have been plagued by similar colors. I couldn't escape the beautiful green-blues, until finally something stopped me in my tracks: Valentine's Day. While I didn't post the nails that I did for VDay specifically, it finally forced me to choose a different color, and that has finally freed me.

This week, I found myself craving something bright and bold on my nails, after weeks of so many muted colors. Maybe I'm finally getting tired of winter, but I think it may be all of the spring and summer trends starting to appear, which of course means bright neon colors.

I wanted to go for a neon green, but I seem to be lacking one in my collection, which means I'll be on the hunt for one for the next few months. I settled instead of China Glaze's Japanese Koi, a bright, traffic cone orange that even my camera had trouble picking up.


This polish is not messing around. I don't usually wear any kind of yellow or orange since they tend to wash me out, but I make an exception for this color. It's literally so bright that it would wash pretty much anyone out, so I don't have to worry.



The only downside of this color is that it is somewhat sheer - after three coats, my nail line is still visible, which you can see in the non-flash pictures.


Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to capture this color in the sun, but take my word that the picture above doesn't do it justice, though it's not as blinding as the flash picture. 

Because this polish is on the sheerer side, the plus side is that each layer dries very quickly in between coats, so you could pile on more layers pretty easily. 

What do you have on your nails this week? Are you starting to miss the bright colors of spring and summer like I am, or are you content to stay with your winter favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment