Monday, February 11, 2013

Girl's Day In!

Ever since my  first post where I did my beyoooootiful friend Sharon's makeup, I've been wanting to have another go at someone's face. Luckily, I have two lovely friends who happened to be around and volunteered to be made-up, so I went for it. 

Sydney, my friend pictured below, has gigantic eyes. I mean really. Just look at the size of them.



Needless to say, I was a bit intimidated. But, I ventured on, determined to do a good job. She had on her Revlon BB cream and some concealer to start.

I generally use Sydney as my bright-color muse, since I normally go for such neutral looks on myself. She's no stranger to color, especially with her own makeup, so it seemed like a good fit. I used a mix of NYX, Urban Decay, and Sephora on her eyes, running into a bit of a rut when I tried to use a purple shade that refused to be anything but muddy and uncooperative on her. Apparently this is an issue she's run into herself, but I managed to make it work, adding a bit of a bright pink from Urban Decay into the mix and creating a super-obnoxious peacock-esque look.



I managed to do a superb wing on her left eye, and was so astonished that we had to stop and document it.



I'm not going to lie - I was terrified to attempt the second eye. I told her that the wings would be "sisters, but not twins." Cause I wasn't about to promise anything I wasn't sure I could deliver. 

Roby, the girl creeping around in the back of Sydney's photos, waiting her turn to be made up, was kind enough to take some action shots of Sydney's final touches.



Thankfully, the other wing turned out, and I used a nude-y pink lip on her, along with a more demure blush.




Overall, I'm really pleased with how it turned out on her. Of course there are a few things I would have done differently, like not using the purple that I did and checking my progress more often, but n'importe quoi. This look would have definitely looked amazing with false lashes, but unfortunately, I didn't have any on-hand.

For my second victim look, I used a mix of orange and coral, since Roby has blue eyes. Her eyes are quite deep-set, so I really wanted to focus on bringing light in and making them pop.
(I swear I'm not trying to sound like an actual makeup artist.)

Unfortunately I didn't get any shots of Roby beforehand, but oh well. I actually ended up doing her eyebrows as well, which is always an adventure. 



I think this look in particular goes really well with glasses, which is a win for her and an (accidental) plus for me.


~*~Pardon our beauty~*~



This is my makeup for the day, which I did after doing theirs - I was sort of makeup'd out to be honest, so I didn't go for anything too crazy, save for the eyeliner.

Overall, it was a really fun day, practicing my makeup skillz~~ and hanging out with two of my best friends. 

No comments:

Post a Comment