Saturday, February 16, 2013

Working with Red Eye Shadow ❤ A Valentine's Inspired Look

One of my first high-end eye shadows ever was MAC's Cranberry. I've long since lost it, but I remember always looking at it and wondering how I could use it (since it was actually given to me, I didn't pick it out.)

Red eye shadow is intimidating, and understandably so - red eyes aren't normally positive indicators, and red around your eyes isn't either. But red eye shadows do exist, so obviously, there's ways to wear them.

So, I took the opportunity to use red in a Valentine's-inspired look, pairing it with a red lip as well.


I'm happy with how it turned out, though I do want to invest in a new blending brush at some point, since one of mine has started to irritate my eyes in recent weeks. But I digress. 





Products Used:

Two Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Milk
Makeup Forever Eyeshadow in 
Coastal Scents Metal Mania Eyeshadow Palette (The shimmery cranberry color)
Urban Decay Darkhorse Eye Shadow
Urban Decay Blackout Eye Shadow
Urban Decay Virgin Eye Shadow
Mally Pencil Liner in 
Skiin Concealer in Light
Maybelline's the Falsies Flared

Benefit High Beam
Benefit Hoola Bronzer
MAC Russian Red Lipstick


No comments:

Post a Comment